Dr. B. Kalpana, Infertility
Dr.B.Kalpana, M.D(O&G) FNB(Reproductive Medicine), FICOG
Dr.B.Kalpana, M.D(O&G) FNB(Reproductive Medicine), FICOG Subsequent to the successful completion of two years fellowship, she united the team to serve up the group who suffer from infertility, with Anish Fertility & Women Care Centre, Guru Hospital, Madurai. It is in fact proud for Guru to present such an experienced and qualified infertility specialist in South Tamil Nadu and a member of National Board in Reproductive Medicine..
- Invited Guest Lecture in more than 75 National and International Conferences.
- Organised many conferences, Laparoscopy workshops and IUI workshops.
- Published Research Paper, Article in various National and International Journals.
TEACHING PROGRAMS :
- Course Director for the post doctoral (Post M.S(OG)., Fellowship in Endogynecology affiliated to Dr.M.G.R. Medical University)
- Principal, Guru Institute of Medical Science for B.Sc Courses affiliated to Dr.M.G.R. Medical University.
- EC Member of MOGS Madurai OBS & Gyn Society
- South Zone Coordinator Endometriosis Committee 2014 to 2016
- Life Member of ISAR Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction
- EC Member of Institutional Ethics committee Guru hospital for Clinical trials
- EC Member of Adolescent Health Committee 2017
- EC Member of Breast Diseases Committee 2017
- EC Member of Infertility Committee 17-19.
- Best Doctor Awarded by Dr.M.G.R. Medical University on 24.11.2012 Received from Dr.Mayilvahanan Natarajan (Vice Chancellor) at Chennai.
- Golden Excellence International Award, Presented By European Continental University Presented to Dr.B.Kalpana.M.D(O.G),FICOG on 24.04.2016
- Best Service Industry Award Received from Maddissiya – TVS on 30.08.2016 at Madurai
- “Medical Excellence Award -2018” from Governor of Tamilnadu Banwarilal Purohit on 30.04.2018
- Best Medical Service Award from Madurai District Collector K. Veera Raghava Rao I.A.S on 15.08.2018
INTERNATIONAL CONSULTATION : Republic of Maldives
- With in the mid age of her service career she has done ICSI for more than 4000 couples and more than 8200 IUI and she has been maintaining a very good success rate as more than 1500 ICSI babies were born. . Besides, more than 7500 hystero laparoscopy had been done.
- ICSI was done for several male factors, azoospermia, severe endometriosis, POF.
- 15 ICSI babies were born on 1st November 2016. This again confirms the very good success rate at par with the world’s standard.
- Adding to the credit, 35 year old patient with septate uterus after hysteroscopy resection and IVF conceived a triplet baby. World wide incidence of such an event is 1 in 25 million.
- A 58 year old retired Tehsildhar, after getting voluntary retirement from Govt. service, who was a 5 year post menopausal lady, conceived following IVF and delivered a 3 Kg female baby on 11/07/2010.
- Unicornuate patient conceived after ICSI and delivered at term.
Charity work: More than 25 free medical camps were conducted in various places of Tamil Nadu including of remote villages to create infertility awareness. Free infertility consultation was given to the needy patient in all these camps.